It feels like Spring today, so I've opened all the windows in the studio! Yay! I thought I would share this succulent inspired ditsy pattern I made a few months ago! I wanted to experiment and see how watercolor drawings would look printed on fabric. Here's the color sketches in my sketchbook.
I scanned these and played with the colors, repeat and scale in the computer for awhile. I couldn't wait to see what it looked like so I ordered a swatch test from Spoonflower. The texture of the watercolor didn't print as well in spots were it was painted very lightly so I decided to darken some of those spots so they would read a little better.
I had it printed again and this time I was much happier with the results!
I made a little pencil case and it's for sale in my Etsy shop today!
I've got some exciting projects on the horizon including the launch of a brand new website! More about that next time.